Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo
We accomplished in making this dish taste pretty decent. A lot of things went wrong when we decided to put in all of the chicken stock. At first, the sauce we were making was quite watery but then we realized that we had to triple everything since we put in all of the chicken stock. At the end we did not like the taste very much since it was a little too cheesy due to the Parmesan.
Here are some of the ingredients and instructions to make this: gimmesomeoven.com
- 12 ounces fettuccine (or any pasta shape)
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or finely-minced
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup low-fat milk (I used 1%)
- 3/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- (optional toppings: chopped fresh parsley, extra Parmesan)
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions, in generously-salted water.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil (or melt butter) in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute one minute, stirring occasionally, until fragrant. Sprinkle with flour, and stir to combine. Saute for an additional minute to cook the flour, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly add chicken broth, whisking to combine until smooth. Whisk in milk, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let cook for an additional minute until thickened, then stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until the cheese melted. Reduce heat to medium-low until pasta is cooked.
- Drain pasta, then immediately add pasta to the saute pan with alfredo sauce. Toss to combine. Serve topped with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
Garlic- It can prevent heart disease, cold and flu, cancer prevention, and is used for skin and hair.
For more info please read: food.ndtv.com
Next Weeks Action Plan
We plan to make some Cabbage Fat-Burning Soup in my house this time, let’s hope it is better than our Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo.
P.S. follow savory_sweet_food on Instagram if you like the fun and healthy foods we make throughout our journey together!